Wednesday 14 October 2015

Transformation





 
Teddy

   My dog, Teddy, is 11 years old, son of my son's Jack Russell Terrier and his mom-in-law's Lhasa Apso. Fortunately he inherited a coat that grew fairly long but stopped at one point, getting no longer. He does sorta resemble a mop, he picks up every seed and rose briar the bush has to offer, snow builds up on his undercarriage and accumulates in balls on his feet (mud too), his bum needs a wash now and then, and his eyes sorta disappear - but all of this contributes to his essential character and most (many?) think he's sorta cute - especially me. Every now and then I give him a bath, trim bits of hair that appear to be causing problems. Mostly, though, I think about doing these things and don't get around to it. But he's a happy, stocky, farm dog and, though I occasionally considered getting him a haircut, cost and my resistance to sissy foo foo salon make-overs have kept him natural his entire life.

     But my son and daughter-in-law, who were the one's responsible for me getting Teddy in the first place, have hinted broadly over the years that I should consider getting Teddy "groomed". I resisted, and resisted and resisted some more. He's fine just the way he is I would say. No need for grooming.



A little bewilderd!

Looking pretty good!



  Thanksgiving weekend my husband and I acquiesced and accepted the gift of a grooming for Teddy. With great amounts of trepidation we delivered him to the groomer on Tuesday morning, with instructions, of course, to trim, not shave, and be careful of his eyelashes cause he needs them to protect his eyes, and assurances that he would be cooperative (which he was with the exception of whining to the tune of the blow-dryer).

      So here's my brand new Teddy dog. Goodness, he's quite the looker, isn't he!

No comments:

Post a Comment