Thursday 6 November 2014

Grandma's Walk Around the Farm


Gonna keep on walking as long as I'm able
Use trekking poles to keep me stable.
A cell phone along for a just-in-case
And heaven knows I ain't runnin' no race!

The pigeons scatter in frantic flight
The moment I arrive within their sight.
The ewes in unison turn to stare,
Their guardian barks to show she's there.

The air is sweet, I feel refreshed
But stop to breathe when I reach a crest.
The grass sways a bit in the gentle breeze,
My feet rustle soft in the fallen leaves.

The sun shines bright, the sky is blue,
There's a trace of frost from the morning dew.
The dogs give chase for scent and sound,
Return to my side, then outward bound.

There is no doubt within my mind
I'm richer by far than the monied kind.
Cause money can't buy the way I feel
With sun on my head and dogs at my heel.


No comments:

Post a Comment