Friday 5 September 2014

My Path in the Woods


           The chaos of life, the world's frantic pace
           Can soon disappear in this beautiful place.
           It cushions my mind, cloaks me in peace,
           Softens my troubles, sets me at ease.
                This is my path, my path in the woods.

           The trees, they caress, the sun filters down.
           There's grasses and mushrooms, an absence of sound
           'Till leaves rustle gently, a bird calls his mate,
           A mouse skitters swiftly avoiding his fate
                While walking my path, my path in the woods.

           Strawberries, raspberries, cranberries bloom,
           Competing with hazelnut bushes for room.
           Saskatoons, honeysuckle, pea-vine and vetch
           Tango with aspen and spruce while they stretch
                Toward the sun 'long my path, my path in the woods.

           My senses are sharpened, my mind is at ease,
           My energy blends with the bushes' and trees'.
           The meaning of life in the scent of a rose.
           The soft forest floor massages my toes.
                Soft steps on my path, my path in the woods.

          


No comments:

Post a Comment